Birleşmiş Milletler Mülteciler Yüksek Komiserliği - Administrative Finance Assistant
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
VACANCY NOTICE FOR TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT
Title of Position: Administrative Finance Assistant
Position Number: TA
Category & Level: General Service, GL4
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Effective date: as soon as possible
Duration: Initially for 6 months, renewable
Closing Date: 25/10/2016
The international obligations of Turkey and its national legislative framework on asylum have shaped the form of the current collaboration with UNHCR. During the last 54 years, UNHCR and Turkey have been working together in close partnership. Turkey has provided the asylum space for persons seeking refuge, and UNHCR has assisted Turkey to determine who is in need of international protection and to enable access to rights by these persons. As the main partner of the Turkish State in the field of international protection, UNHCR Turkey continues to provide legislative and technical support as well as institutional capacity building support to the Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM) and other national institutions.
As regard Syrian nationals who are hosted in Turkey under a Temporary Protection (TP) framework for Syrian nationals, refugees and stateless, UNHCR’s work is to support the authorities through the provision of technical assistance and strong public advocacy for enhanced responsibility sharing.
UNHCR in Turkey also registers asylum-seekers, conducts RSD under the Mandate of the High Commissioner for all non- Europeans (with the exception of Syrians), intervenes to strengthen the protection environment and access to social support mechanisms, and endeavors to find durable solutions for the most vulnerable amongst those who are recognized as refugees provided they meet the criteria of the resettlement countries.
UNHCR in Turkey operates through a branch office in Ankara, with field offices in Gaziantep, Istanbul and Van, as well as field units.
To find our more information about UNHCR, please visit our website.
The Admin/Finance Assistant provides clerical assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office to ensure that routine services and activities within the admin/finance domain are properly implemented. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment in hand, he/she will receive regular guidance from his/her supervisor. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. The nature of certain personnel/administrative tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per UNHCR standards and practices. The incumbent’s workload and the assignments will remain under constant scrutiny and direction of the supervisor.
- Assists in maintenance of financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Prepares recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons;
- Prepares detailed cost estimates and participates in budget analysis and projections as required;
- Assists in processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Prepares correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative and financial tasks.
- Assists in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintains budgetary control records.
- Assists in requisitions of office supplies and equipment locally and abroad and arranges for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records;
- Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station)
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge in UNHCR admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact HR Unit (TURANHR@unhcr.org).
External candidates must be legally present in Turkey at the time of application, recruitment and hire. Non-Turkish citizens are required to submit a valid Turkish residence permit to be considered.
SUBMISION OF APPLICATIONS
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Personal History Form (P11) and its supplementary pages, motivation letter, CV and Turkish residence permit, if applicable, by e-mail with “Your LAST name – Admin/Finance Assistant (TA-Ankara)” in the subject line to: TURANREC@unhcr.org by 25/10/2016 .
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the Office of HR Management of United Nations.