Bu ilan aktif değil.
Birleşmiş Milletler Mülteciler Yüksek Komiserliği - Senior Administrative Finance Assistant
PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY THROUGH UNHCR WEBSITE (http://www.unhcr.org/turkey/home.php?content=320)
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
VACANCY NOTICE FOR TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE
Title of Position: Senior Admin/Finance Assistant
Position No.: Temporary Appointment
Category and Level: General Service, GL-5
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Effective date: as soon as possible
Duration: initially for a period of 6 (six) months
Closing Date: 30 November 2016
The international obligations of Turkey and its national legislative framework on asylum have shaped the form of the current collaboration with UNHCR. During the last 54 years, UNHCR and Turkey have been working together in close partnership. Turkey has provided the asylum space for persons seeking refuge, and UNHCR has assisted Turkey to determine who is in need of international protection and to enable access to rights by these persons. As the main partner of the Turkish State in the field of international protection, UNHCR Turkey continues to provide legislative and technical support as well as institutional capacity building support to the Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM) and other national institutions.
As regard Syrian nationals who are hosted in Turkey under a Temporary Protection (TP) framework, for Syrian nationals, refugees and stateless UNHCR’s work is to support the authorities through the provision of technical assistance and strong public advocacy for enhanced responsibility sharing.
UNHCR in Turkey also registers asylum-seekers, conducts RSD under the Mandate of the High Commissioner for all non- Europeans (with the exception of Syrians), intervenes to strengthen the protection environment and access to social support mechanisms, and endeavors to find durable solutions for the most vulnerable amongst those who are recognized as refugees provided they meet the criteria of the resettlement countries.
UNHCR in Turkey operates through a branch office in Ankara with field offices in Gaziantep, Istanbul and Van, as well as field units.
To find our more information about UNHCR, please visit our website.
The Senior Admin/Finance Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and /or Head of the Office/Unit to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative/finance domain are implemented.
The Senior Admin/Finance Assistant normally has no direct supervisory functions though it rests upon the supervisor of the post to make time specific arrangements subject to a given situation. The incumbent functions under direct supervision of a Senior Officer often Administrative Officer or Administrative/Finance Officer, who is required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance. S/he may liaise with local suppliers, banks and/or financial institutions on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
- Processes entitlements, issues of contracts and maintains various personnel records and files;
- Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and conducting preliminary interviews;
- Assists in surveys on local cost of living, local salaries, housing rental and collecting the information on the above-mentioned; Processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licences and other personnel-related documents; Prepare travel authorization and assist in the submission of travel claims;
- Attends meetings on day-to-day admin. matters; administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to Hqs and takes care of stationary order;
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Assists in preparing financial vouchers and monthly accounts;
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Assists in preparing admin. budget submission for entire year; maintains liaison with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information in exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES.
- Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact HR Unit (TURANHR@unhcr.org).
External candidates must be legally present in Turkey at the time of application, recruitment and hire. Non-Turkish citizens are required to submit a valid Turkish residence permit at application to be considered.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Personal History Form (P11) and its supplementary pages, motivation letter, CV and Turkish residence permit, if applicable, by e-mail with “Your LAST name – Snr. Admin/Finance Assistant, TA , Gaziantep” in the subject line to: TURANREC@unhcr.org by 30 November 2016.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a written and interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the Office of HR Management of United Nations.