Bu ilan aktif değil.
Birleşmiş Milletler Mülteciler Yüksek Komiserliği - Senior Supply Assistant
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Supply Assistant
Position Number: 10023399
Category & Level: General Service, GL5
Effective date: 1 January 2017
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Closing Date: 21 October 2016
The international obligations of Turkey and its national legislative framework on asylum have shaped the form of the current collaboration with UNHCR. During the last 54 years, UNHCR and Turkey have been working together in close partnership. Turkey has provided the asylum space for persons seeking refuge, and UNHCR has assisted Turkey to determine who is in need of international protection and to enable access to rights by these persons. As the main partner of the Turkish State in the field of international protection, UNHCR Turkey continues to provide legislative and technical support as well as institutional capacity building support to the Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM) and other national institutions.
As regard Syrian nationals who are hosted in Turkey under a Temporary Protection (TP) framework for Syrian nationals, refugees and stateless, UNHCR’s work is to support the authorities through the provision of technical assistance and strong public advocacy for enhanced responsibility sharing.
UNHCR in Turkey also registers asylum-seekers, conducts RSD under the Mandate of the High Commissioner for all non- Europeans (with the exception of Syrians), intervenes to strengthen the protection environment and access to social support mechanisms, and endeavors to find durable solutions for the most vulnerable amongst those who are recognized as refugees provided they meet the criteria of the resettlement countries.
UNHCR in Turkey operates through a branch office in Ankara, with field offices in Gaziantep, Istanbul and Van, as well as field units.
To find our more information about UNHCR, please visit our website.
The Senior Supply Assistant provides support supply to all local activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance and warehousing in the operation.
The incumbent is supervised by a Senior Officer who provides regular guidance. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor or more complex issues. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
- Apply UNHCR's procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- Initiate custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, and liaise with local agent.
- Support warehouse management, and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
- Examine Purchase Requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters.
- Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders and prepare Purchase orders for approval.
- Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
- Provide information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility.
- Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, Physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements, preparation of disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
- Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
- Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems. Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organisation.
- Identify and assess vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases.
- Determine routes and delivery schedules to meet demand in the timeliest manner.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of the Secondary School education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Logistics, Warehousing or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Fluency in English local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Political Awareness
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP).
- Computer skills (MS Office and PeopleSoft/MSRP).
- Experience in customs formalities.
- Experience in logistics or warehousing.
Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact HR Unit.
External candidates must be legally present in Turkey at the time of application, recruitment and hire. Non-Turkish citizens are required to submit a valid Turkish residence permit at application to be considered.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Personal History Form (P11) and its supplementary pages, motivation letter, CV and Turkish residence permit (in case of foreign nationals) by e-mail with “Your LAST name – Senior Supply Assistant (10023399) – Ankara ” in the subject line to: TURANREC@unhcr.org by 21 October 2016
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and an interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the Office of HR Management of United Nations.