Expeditors Taşımacılık - Operation Customer Service Agent Ank
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Scope of Position:
Ensure proper and timely movement of freight and information, while providing exceptional customer service within related transportation departments.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
(include but not limited to)
- Ensure smooth and timely shipment process flow.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system and billing.
- Track and trace shipment files as required. This can be either internally via exp.o or externally via carrier websites or by telephone to carrier offices
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments or customs brokerage process meeting customer service standards
- Contribute to maintaining good relationships with suppliers (Airline or ocean carriers, customs brokers, trucking companies and others involved)
- Meet compliance at all times with internal and external regulations in accordance with government regulations
- Understand department process flow, looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are in place and updated
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedure
- Verify and ensure documents are timely sent to customer or broker for customs purposes.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain strong relationships with service providers.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems with management when necessary
- Meets company standards of 52 hours training per year
- Attend training classes when required
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with oustanding integrity and pride.
Skill and Qualifications
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, MS office).
- Fluent in English.
- A University Degree or recognized professional qualification as a university equivalent is required
- Understanding of shipment documentation process a plus.
- Previous customer service experience a plus.