İnkaş - Academic Consultant And Teacher Trainer
About the Employer: At İnkaş, we have been successfully working and growing within the Turkish education market for over 30 years. Our team strives to provide the very best in ELT/ESL/EFL, ESOL and international curricula products for language teachers and programs of all kinds. We take tremendous pride in the wide variety of international partners with which we work, as well as the high quality and diversity of professional services, consultancy and academic support that we regularly provide to our customers.
Summary of duties: The primary responsibility of this position is to work actively within the İnkaş ELT Academic Department by supporting all key educational initiatives, sales and service programs through various work and special events throughout Turkey arising primarily from the distribution and promotion of our products, resources and services, including the professional development of teachers who are using them.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- be based in Istanbul but perform duties across various regions of Turkey, and occasionally outside of the country,
- provide regular visits to designated schools and institutions throughout Turkey to give customised support and counseling to teachers regarding the appropriate uses or choices of educational products across all of our catalogues, according to local needs and circumstances,
- develop positive and ongoing relationships with administrators and teachers at these institutions,
- visit teachers across all grade levels in important client schools throughout the country,
- provide advice and recommendations about a school’s language program based upon both the particular needs/aspects of the Turkish educational system, or international program, and always in consideration of local needs and circumstance,
- provide demonstration lessons that focus on speaking activities / skills production that reflect the communicative philosophy of teaching and make use of our quality products while doing so,
- prepare and deliver pedagogical / methodological presentations at schools, regional or national conferences for teachers,
- independently create meaningful supplementary materials that align with, support and extend particular catalogue resources or İnkaş curricular projects,
· report directly to the Director of the ELT Academic Services Department regarding all duties, work activities, program logistics, problems or issues encountered, and special requests or needs arising from the field.
Candidate attributes: A successful candidate for the position of Academic Consultant and Teacher Trainer at İnkaş will be:
- highly independent yet work well and flexibly within a team environment,
- self-motivated and results-oriented,
- familiar with TESOL methods and terminology,
- sensitive to the particular needs of our client schools,
- aware of systemic requirements and curricular developments within the Turkish educational system, from structural organisation through to current popular practices,
- (if of foreign nationality) legally qualified to work in Turkey for purposes of applying for work permits / residency requirements,
- able to present promotional or pedagogical seminars to groups of 5 to 500 professional educators,
- committed to personal and professional development with a long-term vision and aspiration to grow within the ELT/ESL/EFL industry,
- highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and essential mobile / presentation technology
Educational qualifications and professional experience of the ideal candidate will include:
- a Bachelor’s Degree or higher related to English or education (a valid teacher’s licence is, of course, a tremendous asset) and/or prior TESOL/CELTA/DELTA or other similarly recognized ELT/ESL/EFL professional development and recognised certification,
- prior teaching experience in ELT/ESL/EFL to different levels and age groups, both within Turkey and international,
- prior experience in the publishing industry,
- a valid Driver’s Licence (Turkish or International),
- excellent organisational and time-management skills,
- exceptional English reading, writing, and listening skills.