TCI Kabin İçi Sistemleri - Senior Design Engineer
TCI, Turkish Cabin Interior Inc., the joint venture of three major companies of aviation; Turkish Airlines, Turkish Technic and Turkish Aerospace Industries, was established in December 2010. The headquarters and manufacturing sites are located in Europe’s largest MRO Center, next to Sabiha Gokcen International Airport; Habom Facility in Istanbul, Turkey.
TCI currently design and manufacture both narrow and wide body commercial aircraft galleys and stowages, VIP galleys, aircraft equipments, provide retrofitting and repairing services for Boeing, Airbus and world’s leading airlines.
Job Title : Senior Design Engineer
Essential Job Functions
- To Perform concept or detail 3D Design (Sheet Metal Design, Part Design and Assembly Design) according to project requirements and specification,
- Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high end private jets products.
- Produce innovative designs, 3D models and 2D drawings of aircraft interior products within technical specification and project requirements
- Work closely with other design engineers to complete engineering deliverables per project schedule and budget
- Create 3D models and 2D drawings that meet the TCI design standards using TCI processes and documentations
- With guidance from design chief, coordinate with other department to ensure that designs and drawings incorporate inputs from all disciplines
- Provide engineering support during production to solve technical issues
- Work with design chief to leverage TCI Cabin standard parts and designs in product development
- Follow 3D models and 2D drawings all the way from creation through release to ensure project schedules are met
- Maintain status of tasks and progress of work in TCI Program task management tool.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Engineering’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university (Aerospace, Mechanical, Naval Architecture or Manufacturing Engineering preferred), ), Master/PhD preferable
- Minimum 3 years experience in 3D Design on related area (Able to use Solid Edge and/or Catia preferred),
- Have Tecnical Drawing Knowledge,
- Eager to take an active role in project teams,
- Excellent reporting skills,
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office programs – Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project,
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills against manufacturing operation problems,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required (English: Toefl(ibt):70, Ielts:5,5),
- Able to work under intense work pressure,
- Have no obstacle to travel,
- Reside in Anatolian Side of Istanbul,
- For male candidates, military obligation completed.
- Customer Focus – solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence.
- Accountability – takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results. Keep commitments to each other, customers, leaders, and shareholders.
- Collaboration – Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
- Communication – Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with limited direction.
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills in a Lean environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in team environment.
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes and tooling
- Detail oriented
- Self-motivated and multi-tasker; able to level load own workload.
- Ability to work in a close-knit team environment and contribute at a high level at all times.
- Demonstrated humility, realism, entrepreneurial spirit and respect for co-workers and the workplace.
- Maintain positive attitude towards company goals.
- Normal office conditions. Standard workweek often exceeds 45 hours/week.