Yeryüzü Doktorları Derneği Türkiye Şubesi - Administrative Officer -İstanbul-Şişli
“Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for Administrative Officer for EU ECHO supported Refugee Health Project in İzmir and İstanbul.”
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
With support of EU Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO), Doctors Worldwide Turkey (DWWT) provides primary health care (PHC) and psycho-social support for refugees in İzmir and İstanbul.
Administrative Officer is in charge of assisting management of the mission with regards to administration and accounting in the İstanbul Coordination Office.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cash flow management and accountancy
- Payment of expenses related to the daily operation of the DWWT programs, after verification that purchase procedures are respected.
- Keeping the accountancy through the DWWT accountancy’s software in accordance to the accountancy and budgetary framework.
- Managing advances for procurement.
- Control receipts and invoices, update of cash/bank journals and balances, do a weekly check of the cashbox.
- Preparing and archiving all necessary documents for monthly accountancy in accordance with DWWT procedures: accountancy (ledger, cash controls) and annexes.
- Keeping the administrative archive on the mission (do the copies, classify and archive).
- In coordination with the administrative coordinator, support to look for invoices, answer to the financial questions.
- Translation of the invoices.
Human Resource Management
- Following up and update national staff HR’s administrative issues: service contracts, leave follow up, payment sheets, etc.
- Paying advance allowances on a monthly basis.
- Assisting the Administrative Coordinator in implementing and keeping up to date the Internal Regulations.
- Ensuring that the food basket is regularly monitored and updated.
- In coordination with the Administrative Coordinator and Field Coordinator assists in HR management: service description, recruitment, induction and trainings if appropriate.
- Following up on legal requirements regarding international staff (resident/work permit).
- Ensuring the presence and the correct update of international staff archive.
- Ensuring that payment are carried out in a timely manner.
- In close relationship with the Administrative Coordinator and the Field Coordinator:
- Follow-up the legal information and modifications can be influence in the work
- Keep informed the administrative coordinator and field coordinator of any modifications and information in the procedures.
- Translate verbally and by written when necessary.
- Participate to internal meetings.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Duration: Until 31st DECEMBER 2016
Contract: Employee – Fixed Term
Location: İstanbul (Location can be changed if needed)
PROCESS OF APPLICATION
- Send your application file (CV, motivation letter) to email: email@example.com
- Indicate job title in the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
İstenen Yetenek ve Uzmanlıklar
- At least 2 years’ experience in administrative and accounting role in an NGO setting.
- Experience with project start-up.
- Strong managerial skills; able to delegate and follow-up on tasks to effectively manage
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing, prioritizing a high workload and multiple
tasks with tight deadlines.
- Flexible and able to easily adapt to different environments
- Fluency in Turkish and English required, Arabic is an asset.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office (especially excel).
- Willing to live and work in challenging conditions.
- Ability to travel and relocate if requested.