Yeryüzü Doktorları Derneği Türkiye Şubesi - Medical Doctors-Fatih
RECRUITMENT FOR TURKEY
Reporting relationship : Field Coordinator
Department : Program Department
“Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for several Medical Doctors for EU supported Refugee Health Project in İstanbul, in the following fields:
- Internal medicine
طبيب اطفال، طبيبة نساء وولادة، طبيب داخلية
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health based development Programs over 40 countries worldwide.
With support of EU, Doctors Worldwide Turkey (DWWT) provides primary health care (PHC) and psycho-social support for refugees in İstanbul.
The Medical Doctor implements primary health care services in an emergency setting. Services include essential drug administration, curative treatment for communicable/non communicable diseases and injuries, epidemiological reporting, sanitation and health education.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To perform Consultations: provide health care and emergency treatment for the patients in stationary and mobile PHC Clinic.
- To implement PHC protocols according to internationally accepted/DWWT standards, with a focus on controlling communicable diseases and rational use of antibiotics.
- In collaboration with the Nurse, provide regular health education to patients on diagnosis, treatment and medication (if prescribed).
- To follow up the filling of patient’s file.
- To complete records correctly.
- To ensure patient confidentiality is respected (Patient files/charts locked in cabinet).
- To identify and to organize the transfer of emergency cases to the competent authority (supervise the referral system).
- To respect DWWT rules and regulation.
- To participate in assessments with the PHC Clinic Officer and Medical Supervisor, where and when necessary.
- To participate in any specialized responses (outbreak response, health campaigns) taking place in the city as requested by DWWT.
- To represent and actively participate in any relevant meetings as requested by PHC Clinic Officer and Medical Supervisor.
- Any other relevant duties as requested by medical supervisor.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Starting : ASAP
Duration : Until 30st December 2016
Contract : Employee – Fixed Term
Working Hours : Monday to Friday - 17:30-21:30, on Sat 14:30-18:30
Location : Istanbul
PROCESS OF APPLICATION
- E-mail your application file (CV, motivation letter) to email@example.com
- Specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
İstenen Yetenek ve Uzmanlıklar
- Medical Doctor, University degree (MD).
- 2 years of experience in public health, refugee health or any other related field.
- Good knowledge of the public health sector in Turkey, in particular in primary health care.
- Fluency Arabic required. Turkish, English and/or Kurdish is an asset.
- Experience working with NGO is preferred.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing task.
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently.
- Ability to seek, collect, and critically analyses data and information needed to achieve the tasks.
- Clear commitment in the project thematic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Very enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Willing to live and work in challenging conditions.