Yeryüzü Doktorları Derneği Türkiye Şubesi - Project Officers-İstanbull
RECRUITMENT FOR TURKEY / PROJECT OFFICER
Reporting relationship : Program Manager / Africa & Asia
Department : Program Coordination
Type of Appointment : Full time
Number of Vacancies : 2 / National Position
“Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for Project Officers for ‘Light of Eye’ and ‘Mother, Child and Nutrition Centers ‘ Projects also to organize Volunteer Medical Teams in Africa/Asia/Middle East and Ocenia.”
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health based development Programmes over 40 countries worldwide.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey (DWWT) provides;
Light of Eye Project
- To Organize Eye Consultations and Cataract camps in Africa
- To maintain new partnerships
- To extend the volunteer ophtalmologist pool
- To organize trainings & conferances for the training of local ophalmologists
- Free Surgery/Primary Health Care Camps, in Africa & Asia & Middle East & Ocenia
Mother, Child and Nutrition Center Projects
- To establish & run Nutrition Centers
- To establish & run Mother & Child, Maternity Clinics
- Malaria Programmes
- Free Surgery/Primary Health Care Camps, , in Africa & Asia & Middle East & Ocenia
Project Manager is responsible overall management and coordination of the project. S/He will be based in İstanbul DWWT HQ Office.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Insure smooth implementation of the project according to project proposal including budget monitoring of activities.
- Develop and maintain an effective field based team, which includes medical and support staff.
- Ensure team security and safety and compliance with security regulations.
- Liaise with relief committees and community leaders.
- Actively Coordinate with the other (I)NGOs, UN agencies, local government bodies, TIKA and other relevant parties.
- Produce monthly reports on project achievement reports as requested.
- Work closely with the partners.
- Assess the medical needs and implement procedures and protocols in line with the DWWT guidelines.
- Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects.
- Continuously assess the needs & adjust the programmes to the needs.
- Draw up plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team.
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical DWWT systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary.
- Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis.
- Carry out representation with other NGOs, UN agencies, local and national government bodies, donors and other relevant parties.
- Participate on a regular basis to all relevant meetings and are collaborative and build a strong relationship with all partners working in the area.
- When relevant and with the Head of Programs approval, represent DWWT to donors, authorities, NGOs and other parties as necessary.
- Elaborate monthly implementation report with the Program Manager.
- Ensure regular contacts with Program Manager / Africa&Asia.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Working Hours : 09:00am-06:00pm Weekdays, 09:00am – 01:00pm Saturdays
Location : İstanbul (Frequent visits to the field)
PROCESS OF APPLICATION
• Send your application file (CV, motivation letter) to email: email@example.com
• Precise to what position you apply in the Subject of e-mail.
• Only short list candidates will be called for an interview.
İstenen Yetenek ve Uzmanlıklar
• Fluent English is required, French is desirable. Arabic is an asset.
• Experience with an international NGO, managing projects, preferably within the health sector.
• Previous experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
• Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
• Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office tools.
• Capacity building and training of local partners.
• Ability to work under a minimum of supervision.
• Willing to live and work in challenging conditions.
• Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives.
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills in day to day and crisis situations.
• Ability to classify and to manage priorities.
• Listening and diplomacy skills.
• Team spirit.
• Capacity to work in tense conditions.
• Willing to work in challenging conditions.