Alfred H Knight - Business Development Officer
Alfred H Knight has been at the forefront of the metals, minerals and solid fuels industry for over 135 years, offering professional and reliable services in inspection, analysis and technical consultancy.
Our sustained growth is due to our continued investment in our personnel and facilities, including the latest advancements in laboratory technology and instrumentation. Consequently, we are a market leading provider of inspection and analysis services, with offices and laboratories in over 35 countries throughout the Americas, Asia, Asia Pacific, Africa and Europe.
We maintain rigorous quality standards to ensure that all our operations provide the highest level of service to our clients. We achieve this through compliance with industry standards and regulations, including ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and ISO17020:2012
Our rapidly growing company is looking for a motivated business development officer to develop and implement growth strategies for the achievement of revenue goals. Candidates should have the right blend of analytical talent and business know-how. Successful applicants should be team players who not only understand how to identify a new market opportunity but also know what it takes to lead a team forward and realize that opportunity. We are especially looking for someone with great communication skills, as you will be expected to interact with shareholders, executives and clients on a daily basis. Preference will be given to candidates who plan to stay and grow with our company for the foreseeable future.
Responsibilities and duties
- Analyse current and past financial data, such as sales reports, and provide strategies to cut costs and increase revenue.
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Create and improve proposals for our existing and new clients.
- Prepare the company budget and continually track expenses, as well as make sure we are on track to hit revenue targets.
- Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
Business Development Officer Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, accounting or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a business role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great leadership skills.
- Top-notch analytical skills — you must have an eye for detail!
- The ability to travel to meet clients, attend conferences and research new markets as needed.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial, sales and KPI reports
- Prepares profit and loss statement on a monthly basis, working closely with the accounting team
- Performs scheduled internal audits of major department procedures
- Male candidates must have completed their military service
- Preferably located in the Anatolian side of İstanbul
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to work in an international working environment, having an international sense of business.