Aljazari International School - Math Teacher
The prime role of the teacher of mathematics is to deliver high quality teaching, through planning engaging lessons to enable all pupils to make the best possible progress. It is expected to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way. In addition, it is expected to contribute to the routine and extra-curricular life of the school, as well as that of the department.
- Ensure your pupils achieve learning outcomes that are above average in the subject of mathematics by instructing students in a clear, concise, and fun way
- Incorporate the school’s objectives into your curriculum by remaining up to date with mission and initiatives
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Enhance and implement teaching methodologies such as hands on learning activities, games, classroom discussions, documentaries, movies, and mind maps
- Promote maximum student participation and assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study
- Monitor students’ progress constantly and adjust the pace of work accordingly.
- Assess and grade the students on a regularly.
- Ensure that all children pay attention to the Lesson plan delivered
- Ensure that the schools’ educational program, JLP (Aljazari Learning Program) is properly implemented
- Enforce regulations concerning the students conduct and discipline and maintain appropriate standards for student behavior in the classroom and in the school premises.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Regularly communicate with parents and legal guardians regarding child’s performance, track and record student progress and keep records up to date for progress reports and report card conferences
- Bachelor's degree in education with a specialization in Mathematics
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Math Teacher
- Experience teaching in a classroom environment
- Strong organization, interpersonal communication skills
- English is a must, Turkish is a plus