İnşaat Formeni İş İlanları
- İş Açıklaması
Duties as a Construction Manager
Your typical functions as a construction manager include:
Project Management Planning: This involves planning the entire project and documenting all the jobs that must be completed. It helps allow for budgeting and access to materials that are required
Cost Management: The expenses of each project and phases must be efficiently managed throughout the process to ensure for adjustments for unexpected issues or difficulties
Quality Management: A construction manager must make sure that the contractors employed for the project are completing it to a high-quality standard. Monitoring the process, costs and quality is all highly critical
Contract Administration: Extensive contracts with the client are all part of the project construction process. The contract provisions must be being met to ensure that all parties involved are satisfied
Safety Management: As a construction site can be a dangerous place with many safety hazards, the building manager must ensure that correct processes are in place to make sure there are no accidents. The construction manager needs to ensure that the work meets all the legal requirements and Building Regulation
Responsibilities as a Construction Manager
Construction managers will be responsible for managing individuals in various roles appropriate for the project. Before any of the actual building work can take place, the plans must be discussed with the architect, surveyors and buyers.
These types of managers will be required to hire the relevant staff needed to complete the project to the highest standard. It is important that all these members of staff are managed effectively so that the plans for the project can be fully understood and developed. The construction manager will need to hire and organise various contractors and suppliers and coordinate the subcontractor’s activities.
- Review and monitor the project in-depth
- Ensure schedule of all the deliverables
- Budget planning and cost estimating
- Track inventory regularly
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Monitor and guide compliance with building and safety regulations
- Train and give feedback to construction workers and subcontractors
- Ensure tools, materials and equipment
- Manage and mitigate risks
- Always ensure quality construction standards
Objectives of this Role
- Manage and oversee work sites for both new construction and remodel projects, coordinating site activities and assuring that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in phase with the project goals and objectives
- Oversee and provide direction to general contractors, subcontractors, and vendors when doing groundwork ensuring quality standards are met
- Liaise between engineers, architects, and others working on the project
- Prepare and manage estimates, budgets, timetables, and resources
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring construction issues
- Adhere to legal regulations, building and safety codes, and other requirements
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other specialists, and hire full-time and part-time subcontractors and laborers, and coordinate their schedules
- Attend coordination and progress meetings; make regular trips to sites during construction including bid walks, preconstruction walks, in-progress site visits, punch walks, and construction closeout
- Conduct and document quality assurance and safety inspections throughout the construction process, assuring working environment is maintained at acceptable levels, and tools and equipment are in good working condition
- Maintain and update SOW and preconstruction documents, and monitor contract obligations with a goal of building relationships with reliable contractors and vendors
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other project disruptions
Construction Qualification - What Skills/Qualifications Are Required?
- Construction managers have an obligation to communicate with many different people. Therefore, people skills are essential.
- Construction managers must be able to motivate their team to ensure the project is completed to a high quality
- Construction Managers need to be creative in problem-solving to overcome any obstacles they may face in the process.
- Having excellent organisational and planning skills are also important so that the project can be both effectively and efficiently plan to run according to schedule
- Maths and IT skills are essential. They will need to have in-depth knowledge of different building methods and project management computer software. They need these core competencies to plan the project and keep the information and finances updated.
- An awareness of health and safety is fundamental to maintain a safe work environment.
- 10+ years’ experience in management of new construction and remodelling projects
- Knowledge of construction methods and technologies, and ability to interpret technical drawings and contracts
- Knowledge of building code requirements and scheduling methods
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a constant eye on quality
- Proven working experience in construction management or similar role
- Good knowledge of construction management processes
- Experience with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Outstanding knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
To become a construction manager, Bachelor’s degree, or degree in a related area is required. Building engineering, architecture studies and surveying and civil engineering, construction engineering or construction management are all courses that will typically include management skills, IT, economics and project management.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Associate Constructor (AC), and Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) designations
- Working knowledge of green building practices
Pozisyon: İnşaat Koordinatörü, İnşaat Müdürü, İnşaat Yöneticisi/Yönetmeni, İnşaat Proje Sorumlusu, Yüksek İnşaat Mühendisi